Suburb Profile - Kenwick

This suburb was named after "Kenwick Park", the Estate of Wallace Bickley. Bickley's original property was Canning Location 3 which he called "Craigie". He purchased other lands in the vicinity including Canning Location 11 in 1854. In 1860, he advertised (for sale or lease) the "Kenwick Park and Springs Estates". Kenwick was included in a list of official Postal Districts compiled in May 1959 and the original boundaries were defined in the 1959 metropolitan road guide. In an article on Kenwick, it is suggested that Bickley named his homestead "after an estate in England he very much admired".